Need some handy tips on dealing with stains or how often you should vacuum the carpet? Our Tips and Care Page has all kinds of help for your carpets.
Below, we have answers to these questions –
- What are those ugly black lines around the baseboards and under doorways?
- How safe are your cleaning and protection methods?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- Are you registered with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are you insured?
- What process do you use to clean carpet?
- How long does the carpet take to dry?
- I’ve heard it’s best to put off having your carpet cleaned as long as possible, is this true?
- Should I have my carpet dry cleaned or steam cleaned?
- Does your cleaning process soak the backing of the carpet?
- Can you get the pet odor out of my carpet?
- What does it mean to “clean to the standards?”
What are those ugly black lines around the baseboards and under doorways?
- If you have light colored carpet, you may have experienced these dark lines that appear on the carpet. This soiling is called filtration soiling because it comes from air passing through the carpet as it is attempting to get through the crack between the carpet and the baseboard or under a closed door. As the air passes through the edge of the carpet pile, this microscopic soiling is deposited there (hence the term filtration soiling). This occurs over a significant period of time and is not noticed until a build up has occurred.
- This type of soiling is difficult to remove because the soil particles are so fine that they penetrate deep into the carpet pile, sometimes into the backing of the carpet. Can it be removed? Sometimes. With special products, time and effort, reasonable results can sometimes be achieved. To help prevent filtration soiling, vacuum and wipe the edges of the carpeting on a regular basis. Be careful around the tackstrip on the edge of the carpeting, it could nick your fingers!
How safe are your cleaning and protection methods?
- We use only the highest quality, safest cleaning solutions on the market
Do you guarantee your work?
- We offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are not thrilled with the service experience you receive from us, we will rush back to your location at no charge and no obligation. If you are still unimpressed, we will issue a 100% refund up to $1000.00 upon request.
- Our mission is to provide you with the most outstanding service experience you have ever received.
Are you insured?
What Process do you use to clean carpet?
- State of the Art Cleaning Services is experienced in many methods of cleaning and cleans according to the manufacturer recommendations. Most of the carpet cleaning provided is done with the “truck-mounted hot water extraction” method
How long does the carpet take to dry?
- The normal drying time is anywhere from 6 to 12 hours. The carpet will only be damp to the touch. Depending on weather conditions, room temperature, air flow, and overall conditions this time can vary.
I’ve heard it’s best to put off having your carpet cleaned as long as possible, is this true?
- No. In fact, many of the major carpet mills today recommend professional cleaning at least once per year. The build up of soil in your carpet in combination with foot traffic creates abrasion that breaks down your carpet’s fibers. The higher the traffic in a given area, the more often the carpet will need cleaning.
Should I have my carpet dry cleaned or steam cleaned?
- As mentioned earlier, most major carpet manufacturers recommend truck-mounted hot water extraction as the preferred method. Hot-water extraction done properly by a certified trained technician removes more soil and spots than dry cleaning methods.
Does your cleaning process soak the backing of the carpet?
- No, although our process rinses the carpet deep down, moisture does not penetrate the backing of the carpet. With our powerful truck-mounted equipment, your carpet is thoroughly rinsed, but left only damp to the touch.
Can you get the pet odor out of my carpet?
- Pet odor is a very common problem. State of the Art Cleaning Services can help you deal with your pet challenges. From minor problems to major headaches State of the Art Cleaning Services can help find the solution that works best for you.
- The problem with pet odor is that it can be much deeper than it first appears. Pet urine can easily soak through the backing of the carpet into the padding underneath. In more severe cases the urine can penetrate into the sub-floor beneath the padding. This creates a problem that is multi-layered.
- The urine also provides for the growth of bacteria. This, in turn, contributes to a worsening of the odor problem and can contribute to permanent color loss of the carpet fiber.
- To eliminate this problem the urine must be removed or neutralized from each of the layers effected. If the contamination is limited to only the face yarn of the carpet then the cleaning itself may effectively remove the odor. In more severe cases a urine neutralizer may be applied.
- In the most severe cases, replacement of the carpet padding, treatment of the under-side of the carpet and the sub-floor may be required. Even replacement of the carpet, however, cannot guarantee complete removal of the odor.
- Left untreated over a period of time pet odor can become absorbed into many of the porous materials in your home. Draperies, sheet rock, upholstered furniture, base-boards, even the concrete foundation are just a few of the materials that can absorb these odors.
- State of the Art Cleaning Services offers a range of solutions to help you with your pet odor problems. In the long run, however, it may be more a matter of proper maintenance instead of total elimination. After all, we love our pets and want to keep them a part of our family. Pet ownership adds to the challenge of maintaining a clean and healthy home. State of the Art Cleaning Services helps you meet those challenges.
What does it mean to “clean to the standards?”
- In 1992, representatives from the carpet manufacturing industry, the carpet cleaning industry, and the federal government all agreed upon a common set of standards for the carpet cleaning industry. These standards are now referred to as the CRI standards. State of the Art Cleaning Services offers many of these methods and can select the process that’s right for your needs.
- It was agreed that each of these cleaning processes should include these common steps:
- Pre-treat spots, stains and heavily soiled areas
- Hot Water Extraction
- A thorough rinse
- Furniture Moving
- Complete Drying within 24 hours
- Cleaning your carpet in accordance to these industry standards will help assure that you’ll get a quality cleaning job.
- The State of the Art Cleaning Services “12-step cleaning service” exceeds these specifications. In addition to these steps The State of the Art Cleaning Services Team has powerful truck-mounted equipment which reduces drying time to only a few hours.